Thursday, March 28, 2013

Little bad, lots of good

I have a 7 month old baby who doesn't like to eat.  Sammie really likes to look and sound like she is hungry all the time, but when it comes to actually eating something she'll take a few bites, pucker her lips and be done. Her thirst for milk has dwindled as well. I tell myself this is just a phase and she'll be eating like a normal Sammie baby in a few days but so far the refusal to eat continues. It's discouraging when all these other babies around me are eating 5 course meals 3 times a day, but Sammie has already proven she's not like other babies so we'll see how this plays out. Any suggestions on how to get a baby to eat would be appreciated.

On an even more depressing note:

Do you ever walk past the mirror and stop and say to yourself "I seriously look like this today?". That is how today is, and probably ever other day I just don't ever look in the mirror. Poor Scotty.

I should probably end with some of the things I love about this little girl to lighten the mood:)

She loves to be around other people. Kids, grown ups, anyone other than just mom.  Right outside of our apartments there is a park with swings, playground and a basketball court. There are always lots of moms and kids outside, especially now that it's starting to warm up. Sammie gets the biggest smile on her face when we go out. She laughs at everything the kids do. Yesterday started to walk back to the house and as we started up our stairwell Sammie started whining as if to say "aw man, do we really have to go back up THERE?". Needless to say we will be playing outside a lot this spring.

She is sleeping so so well in her crib. I count my many blessings when I am able to come home from working all night and Sammie will wake up to eat once, play in her crib, and go back to sleep so I can get some sleep.

She's a tough little cookie. If she gets hurt, or wants something, or is frustrated she can't do something she barely even whines. You can tell she is frustrated cause she makes this squishy face and starts hyperventilating but she doesn't just break down and cry like she used to. I think she is figuring out that if she works a little harder or waits a little longer she'll eventually get to that toy she wants, or her mom will eventually bring her something to eat.

She is the best. Scott and I tell ourselves what a cutie she is probably a thousand times a day. She never fails to bring a smile to our faces. Love that Sammie.

No comments:

Post a Comment